- Type of Contract: Part Time, Temporary 12 month fixed term contract initially
- Salary: SCP01 – £13,648.72 actual (£17,346 FTE)
- Working Hours: 30 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (term time plus 1 week).Flexible working requests and job share will be considered
- Closing date: 24 August 2020
- Interview date: 1 or 2 September 2020
- Start: ASAP
Thomas Deacon Education Trust (TDET) is a charitable organisation dedicated to raising educational outcomes across a range of primary and secondary phase schools and academies in the East Midlands. As a newly formed multi-academy trust we strive to provide outstanding teaching and learning for all and an ethos and culture that encourages everyone to be the very best that they can be.
Our moral purpose is defined through our commitment to see every member of the learning community achieve their full potential. As a Trust, however, we recognise the importance and individuality of the local context of each of our schools and encourage diversity of practice whilst retaining a collective sense of unity in our purpose.
Our core values of Trust; Diversity; Excellence and Transformation underpin all aspects of student and staff life in our academies and gives us a platform to offer innovative and efficient business services.
We put learners, and their learning, at the heart of everything we do.
Warboys Primary Academy has a nurturing and inclusive ethos and sets high expectations for all pupils and staff. You will work under the guidance of the Class Teacher and will have many opportunities to engage in personal professional development activities.
We are looking to appoint Teaching Assistants with the relevant skills and experience to work 1:1 and in small groups with some of the vulnerable children within our Academy. Each child has an Education Health Care Plan and requires additional support to ensure they can access the curriculum at an appropriate level, engage with their peers and make good progress against their individual targets.
Candidates will need to have some experience of working with children who have additional needs and hold at least an NVQ level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification. We welcome applications from anyone who can offer the relevant skills and experience to take on this role confidently and who will be committed to ensuring high quality provision for the children. You will need to be enthusiastic and energetic and prepared to contribute fully to the life and work of the school.
The Trust offers:
• Excellent salary package.
• Fantastic training/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment.
• Opportunity for progression across Thomas Deacon Education Trust.
• Use of TDET facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking).
• Local Government Pension Scheme.
• An engaging, creative and welcoming environment to learners who take pride in their school.
• An inclusive and collaborative approach.
• A talented, highly motivated, committed and professional team of colleagues, both within the school and across the trust.
• An actively supportive Local Governing Body and Trust leadership.
Warboys Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.